Getting your computer system adequately secured against malware and spyware invading is one of the first steps you should take when you start up a new computer. Your system, data, files, and contacts need to be protected against malicious viruses and spyware from spreading and corrupting your computer or network. There are many anti-virus and internet security packages available on the market, but which one is best? We’ll look at the most recent software from Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security compared with Norton Internet Security.
In testing and reviews, Trend Micro received a 100% protection capability, 67% repair capability, and 75% rating for usability. Trend Micro has comprehensive anti-virus coverage ranging from the standard anti-virus protection, built-in firewall, anti-spyware, anti-phishing, and anti-spam to social network protection and privacy protection.
Pros of Trend Micro
- Excellent in identifying and cleaning up malware invasions
- Expertly blocks malware and dangerous or fake websites when online
- Filters spam effectively on email and online
- Firewall booster to protect your computer system from attack
- Social network protection and privacy settings
- Very affordable software package price
Cons of Trend Micro
- No rescue or safe reboot of lost data
- Sometimes identifies safe programmes as ‘bad’ programmes
- Difficult to install the software on already infested computer systems
Overall, Trend Micro Titanium is an all-round internet security suite at an affordable price. It is an entry-level system which is easy to use and very effective in protecting computer systems from malicious threats and virus attacks. The software is suitable for Windows XP up to Windows 8 users and can keep most systems clean and fully protected.
In many reviews and tests, Norton scored a level of 92% protection, 75% repair capabilities, and 83% usability. The Norton Internet Security package delivers a whole host of protection from IM/chat protection, social network protection, and rescue and safe reboot, to the typical anti-virus, firewall, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, and anti-spam protection present in most other internet security software. Again, the software is compatible with Windows XP versions through to the Windows 8 operating system.
Pros of Norton
- Safely removes malware and other threats from computer systems
- Intuitive and strong firewall
- Excellent anti-spam and anti-phishing features
- Identifies and blocks potentially dangerous websites
Cons of Norton
- Slight dip in efficiency in blocking malware threats
- Slows down system slightly
- Considerably more expensive than other similar internet security software packages
With high levels of protection, repair, and usability combined with a sleek and attractive interface, Norton Internet Security is a top quality anti-malware and anti-virus protection system in the top price bracket. There are similar packages with the same levels of protection and features with a smaller price tag however.
MLK Computing recommends Trend Micro Titanium for its strong protection and affordable price for everyday users. It has excellent anti-malware and anti-spyware features alongside added extras that make it an all-round performer.